We are truly excited to bring you to the next phase of OneBit Adventure by bringing in so much new content and many more ways to make your character builds even stronger. This update brings a new Desert Dungeon which has a world of traps for you to avoid while you climb higher to go against the new Tremor boss. We’ve added over 45 new equipment, 9 new enemies, 12 new runes, new shrine event, starting HUB, and much more! I will try to break down the major features and give as much info as possible so beta testers can know what to expect.
New Desert Dungeon
A new dungeon filled with traps to make your adventures a lot tougher than normal, but it is now the only place to get your fill of Smoothies! This dungeon has 2 sections where the first half is more congested traps and tougher, but the second half is more open desert filled with Cactus to forage. In the end awaits the Tremor boss ready to spring up from the ground to devour you! Keep in mind that you must be level 15 for this dungeon to appear!
New Tremor Boss
In the end awaits the Tremor boss ready to spring up from the ground to devour you! Avoid his lunges and poison attacks for a swift victory, but he is a tank! Killing the boss will guarantee a Rune drop as long as you are above 1500 steps. Runes are new powerful relics which we will discuss more below.
7 New Enemies
These new enemies are all exclusive to the new Desert Dungeon for now. They have very unique properties to them so learn everything about them before entering!
Your Starting Camp
Your starting camp can now transform as you explore the world of OneBit! Each character will store who you have recruited in your efforts to travel as far as possible. New dialogue have been added to help accommodate those who previously didn’t. Your starting camp will start off with Wizard Sapius and as you talk with new NPCs, you will get a notification when they are added to your camp. You may notice some new elements which we will go over.
Everyone, say hi to Frank. He has a story of his own and he will be happy to share it with you once you have found him in the Underworld. You will need a Special Key which is dropped by Cthulhu in the Ruins and I’m sure Morgana won’t mind! Once you rescue him, you will find him in your starting camp and he’ll make sure to build a furnace before you get back. Interact with Frank and he will now be able to put your Runes to good use. Runes are rare relics used to buff weapons, but removing them will destroy the rune itself.
12 New Runes
After reaching level 15, weapons will start to spawn with an open rune slot and so will runes. Runes have a drop rate of 2% from bosses. Completing Shrines will also give a 0%-5% chance to spawn which is altered by current loot rarity tier. The higher your steps, the higher the drop rate gets. Once you unlock Frank Forger, you will be able to put those runes to use and slot them on a weapon. Some amplify only weapon stats while others can increase based off all equipment.
45 New Equipment
Here’s all the new equipment added to the game and it is quite the handful! Some equipment require you kill certain bosses to spawn while others do have rarity and level requires which will all be available in the in-game guide. These new equipment also have new stats added to the game and with it, we have provided a description for all of that here. We will update this during beta to be available in the guide.
Shrines currently only appear in the overworld after a set amount of steps. By touching a Shrine, you will activate a wave of enemies that you need to kill. Complete the Shrine before the time limit and it will give you a chest full of goodies, a full heal, 1000 steps of +25% xp boost, +10% damage, and +10% mp. Unique items like Runes will only appear in Shrine chests over 1,500 steps with the ratio ranging between 0% – 5% based on lowest to highest loot rarity tier. There are currently 5 different types of Shrines that will spawn different types of enemies. If the timer reaches 0, no reward is given and all shrine enemies will disappear. If you move too far away from the Shrine, it will be treated as a fail and will give no reward as well as remove all Shrine enemies.
Not much in a days work, but sometimes you want to know how much damage you actually do based off different builds. If you have already talked to Shintaro, then you may have gotten a gift of 2 dummies and 1 ranged target. These targets are invincible so they do not break, but have a starting hp of 100,000.
So Much More
This open beta post has taken quite the time and days to prepare. So much so that I still feel more details are missing, but at least the update log below gives a big briefing on everything. There are new skins, new pets, the new Cactus item, and more that isn’t as major, but still requires more time to post. Once we can confirm no game breaking bugs exist, I will do my best to roll out publicly sometime this week and create a new blog post with all the missing details.
v1.3.159 is for open beta only. New additions to the log will be presented in the final release post for this update.
- Added 7 new enemies
- Added new Tremor Boss
- Added new Desert Dungeon
- Added new soundtrack for Desert Dungeon
- Added 45 new equipment with over 20+ new unique stats. View table above for details
- Added 12 new Runes which can be found by completing Shrines or defeating bosses after hitting level 15
- Added Rune Slot only for weapons with Epic rarity or greater and level 15 or greater
- Added Shrines which gives buffs upon killing all enemies from it. Currently, only spawns in Overworld.
- Added NPC recruitment with certain NPCs. You may find some already there because you have interacted with them prior.
- Added Frank Forger who is trapped in the Underworld and needs a Special Key to rescue him. He can forge a rune into your weapon.
- Added new Bandit NPC to Desert Dungeon who you can hire to help fight throughout that dungeon
- Added 25+ enemy variant skins
- Added 21 new Pets
- Added 3 new traps (Arrow, Spear, and Fire trap)
- Added 2 new items (Cactus Chunk and Cactus Juice)
- Added unlimited No Heal Quick Save after running out of normal Quick Saves. Your hp, mana, and status effects will remain the same after saving. Currently, it doesn’t appear unlimited until you have consumed all normal Quick Saves.
- Added 2 new dummy targets to test damage output. Unlock by talking to Shintaro the first time if you haven’t.
- Added Skip All button for new Adventure Upgrades in the current adventure
- Added a new Skin Dealer shop through Silver Da Kat. He will provide out of season exclusive skins to you at a premium cost, but also geared towards your class and can equip them right away.
- Added new Dialogue to help with NPC recruitment for those that didn’t have any
- Updated Conqueror Necromancer skin to use Dino Pirate instead of Zombie skin for Beyond the Grave
- Updated Overworld Bosses minimum spawn steps to 1000 -> 500 steps
- Updated Quick Save to save Barrier, Blood Barrier, and Mana Shield amount
- Updated Wraith boss music
- Updated Rats to turn gold when eating a Gold equipment
- Updated Wizard Sapius and Silver Da Kat sprites
- Updated upgrade cost currency to Coins instead of Diamonds. Cost is based off 100 per level plus percentages based off loot rarity
- Update boss health meters
- Updated first Elite max spawn distance to 650 -> 450 steps
- Update Elite Reaper Slash AOE
- Updated Castle to spawn at level 30 -> 25
- Updated Slice and Dice to no longer require an enemy in order to use and can go through fence gates
- Reduced old equipment spawn level requirement to be below level 20
- Reduced default Haste amount given from 10 -> 4. Smoothies will still give 20 turns of haste
- Reduced dungeon length for lower levels from 200 -> 150 steps
- Reduced max dungeon spawn distance from 4000 -> 1000 steps
- Reduced cooldown for Grand Heal from 50 -> 25 steps
- Removed Smoothies from Gold Chest. You can now find them in Desert Dungeon chests
- Fixed permadeath counter not triggering if the player quits immediately upon death
- Fixed enemy’s armor reducing magic damage
- Fixed an issue where sometimes a campfire would cloud save an older file when visiting campfire and not ending or saving adventure
- Fixed Burn Aura not correctly damaging enemies by Haunting or Elite Force upgrades
- Fixed Adventure Quests button appearing when the player is below level 10 and the resolution changes
- Fixed halloween boss skins appearing in November instead of Octoboer
- Fixed Smoothies giving more than 20 steps of haste when haste is active
- Fixed an error that occurred when a chaotic boss drop cannot find a proper tile to drop an item due to lack of space
- Fixed Poison being able to heal the player if Poison Resist is greater than 100%
- Fixed sorting character cards not positioning to the character you are sorting
- Fixed the Void not hiding all UI when the player dies to it
- Fixed player attacking allies and instead will switch places with the ally
- Fixed spelling errors with “your” instead of “you’re”
- Fixed blacksmith upgrade icon jitter when scrolling